Monday, November 17, 2008

LPT730 Lab8a - F-Spot Photo Manager Importing


Today, I'm gonna show you guys how to import photo to your Linux system. Like any other people, I use F-Spot Photo Manager, cos it's easy and fast. What we should do is just open F-Spot and it will pop up a small window to let you import photos from either your hard disk partition or your camera via usb. Then wait for few minutes, depends on how many photo is on your partition/camera.



Now, we can see all the photos in your partition/camera.







And, F-Spot also support some simple photo editing. For example, red-eye removal and cropping. It's is so easy to use that all you have to do is play with it for a bit, then you'll know how to use it.





If you google around, you'll find F-spot is properbly the best photo manager in Linux. But to me, I prefer ACDsee 3.1 in windows, since I've been using it for a while. It dose all basic photo editing that I need and it support full screen viewing with easy mouse control in high speed. But of course, ACDsee is not open source tho.



Anyway, hope you guys will enjoy F-Spot. ^^

Nes

No comments: