Sunday, November 9, 2008

Windows Data Migration Tool - copytree issue...

I've got a user folder directory function working. But there is a problem now, python will only copy the directory tree to an non-existing directory. And I would assume that user call up this function when the user is already created. So, what should I do?

Hope I can find a function that support merge directory. Otherwise, I have two choice, copy windows directory to a subdirectory, lets say, /home/_user_name/Music/xp_music/ or.. i can ask user if he wants to delete the music directory.. or... the best way is to write a function and generate a list of folder and files that need to be copied... And it seems this is the best way to do...

Or... how about calling up File Browser to do the job? ^^ Lets see.. it's late today, gotta go home and have my dinner...

No comments: